Thorazine advertisement, 1973.|
Hospital & Community Psychiatry, Vol. 24, No. 5.
HELPS KEEP THE REAL IN REALITY
THORAZINE® brand of CHLORPROMAZINE
Effective Management of Psychotic Symptoms
* Calms hyperactive behavior
* Controls hostility
* Decreases delusions, auditory and visual hallucinations
* Allays underlying fear, anxiety and tension
* Lessens unusual thought content, paranoid ideation
* Reduces emotional withdrawal
© 1967, 1968, 1969   Smith Kline & French Laboratories
[Warnings include] |
Use in pregnancy only when essential. There are reported instances of jaundice or
prolonged extrapyramidal signs in newborn whose mother had received chlorpormazine.
[Adverse reactions include]
neuromuscular (extrapyramidal) reactions; pseudo-parkinsonism, motor restlessness,
dystonias, persistent tardive dyskinesia, hyperreflexia in the newborn.